First Connections is a springboard into a life of discipleship at FIRST. It is our process of helping you discover who we are, what we believe, and what membership in our church family is all about. If you are considering making First Baptist your church home, First Connections is the starting point in your journey. Over six weeks, we break down the six G’s: Grace, Growth, Groups, Giving, Going & Gifts. We feel that these elements are the core of who we are and what we do at FIRST.
The process begins with a Sunday brunch in our Gathering Room. Elders and pastors from our team facilitate the membership experience, and do their best to help make the right connections for people plugging into the church. It is our prayer that as you plug into FIRST, you will know God more fully and experience the joy of knowing Him in a community of believers who are on the same journey.
To sign up for the next Guided Tour, contact the church office today at (816) 229-9335 or email the office via our contact form. If you have questions before you dive in, please contact Pastor Greg Griffin. See you soon.
Living the Six G’s
- Grace: How have you offered or received grace this week? (Ephesians. 2:8-9)
- Growth: What did you learn about God through study and prayer this week? (John 15:1-11; Matthew 22:36-40)
- Group: Who did you do life with this week? (John 15:12-13; Romans 5:6-8; Hebrews 10:23-24)
- Giving: Do your money, time and talents reflect your priorities? (John 12:3-6)
- Going: How did you love your neighbor near and far this week? (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Gifts: How were you who God intended you to be this week? (Ephesians 2:10)