The IMPACT Ministry Family Resource Center is an assistance ministry based at FIRST, which includes a Food Pantry and Caring Listeners. We partner with other area churches, businesses, social service organizations, government agencies, and individuals to serve community families.
Our mission is to help meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of low-income families and individuals in crisis throughout our communities. You may call our 24-hour phone line, (816) 229-8030 (option 1), to hear prayer and words of comfort from the Bible.
Bates City: 64011
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THOSE COMING TO IMPACT:
• Parking is limited.
• Please wait in your car until the IMPACT doors are open.
• EVERY time you come, you will need to have with you your photo ID and a utility bill that is not over 30 days old. Gas, Electric, or Water will be the only bills accepted. No Sewer, Propane, or Trash.
• You may come once a week. Bags of Hope, meat bags, diapers, and clothing (ages 0-5) are given once a month.
• Bring your own laundry basket, box, or tote bags, etc. for your grocery items, bakery, produce, etc.
• We will always try our best to serve as many families as possible; however, when maximum capacity is met per shift, there will be a cutoff.
• To locate other service agencies (including housing, rent, motels, and utilities), call 211 (or 816-474-5112) for United Way information, or visit www.uwgkc.org.
During the winter months, IMPACT is closed when Blue Springs schools are closed due to extreme weather.
For information on volunteering, please contact the IMPACT Director.
Location & Hours
IMPACT Ministry Family Resource Center
First Baptist Church
4500 Little Blue Parkway
Independence, MO, 64057
IMPACT Facility Location:
1710 W. Main Street, Blue Springs, MO
IMPACT Ministry Family Resource Hours
Monday: 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Wednesday, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Thursday, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Memorial Day: May 21-June 3 (reopen June 4)
Independence Day: June 25-July 8 (reopen July 9)
Labor Day: August 27-September 9 (reopen September 10)
Thanksgiving: November 19-December 2 (reopen December 3)
Christmas and New Year’s: December 24-January 6 (reopen January 7)
School will be starting again soon, and our 2018 Backpack Drive is almost here! If you could help by providing a backpack with supplies, please download an information flyer here.
If you would like to be considered to receive a backpack, you can find more info here.
Groups Make a Difference!
- Canned Food: (e.g. Ravioli; Chicken Noodle Soup; Fruit; Green Beans; Corn; Pork and Beans, etc.)
- Spaghetti Sauce in cans or plastic jars (no glass, please)
- Jars of Jelly and Peanut Butter (plastic jars, no glass please)
- Boxed Helper Meals (e.g. Hamburger/Tuna Helper)
- Kid-Friendly Cereal
- Mac and Cheese
- Instant Potatoes
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Personal Items (e.g. toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, and 6)
- Children’s Christian Books
- Bibles for all ages
- Clothing of current styles (Infant through 7)
To inquire about dropping off donated items, call us at (816) 229-8030.