Family Resource Center
Thank you to the Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City for helping us reach even more families!
Tuesdays (Drive-Thru): 3:30-5:30 pm
Start at 15th and Main parking lot
Thursdays (No contact parking): 10:00 am-12:00 pm
Come directly to the IMPACT building at 1710 West Main St.
At this time, we are serving all zip codes in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Food Pantry | Bible Center | Care Salon | Caring Listeners | Clothing Center | Diaper Center | Laundry Center
The IMPACT Ministry Family Resource Center is an assistance ministry based at FIRST, which includes a Food Pantry and Caring Listeners. We partner with other area churches, businesses, social service organizations, government agencies, and individuals to serve community families.
Our mission is to help meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of low-income families and individuals in crisis throughout our communities. You may call our 24-hour phone line, (816) 229-8030 (option 1), to hear prayer and words of comfort from the Bible.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THOSE COMING TO IMPACT:
- For the safety of all, we are not allowed to put groceries inside your vehicle; however, we are allowed to put groceries in your trunk.
- EVERY time you come, you will need to have with you your photo ID and a utility bill that is not over 30 days old. Gas, Electric, or Water will be the only bills accepted. No Sewer, Propane, or Trash.
- You may come once a week. Diapers, Depends, and Childrens’ Clothing (ages 0-5) are given once a month.
- To locate other service agencies (including housing, rent, motels, and utilities), call 211 (or 816-474-5112) for United Way information, or visit www.uwgkc.org.
For updates or closings due to inclement weather, follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/IMPACTforKC
We are currently in need of several items. Consider holding a donation drive with your group for these items:
- Canned Food: (e.g. Ravioli; Chicken Noodle Soup; Fruit; Green Beans; Corn; Pork and Beans, etc.)
- Spaghetti Sauce in cans or plastic jars (no glass, please)
- Jars of Jelly and Peanut Butter (plastic jars, no glass please)
- Boxed Helper Meals (e.g. Hamburger/Tuna Helper)
- Kid-Friendly Cereal
- Mac and Cheese
- Instant Potatoes
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Personal Items (e.g. toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, and 6)
- Clothing of current styles (Infant through 7)
To inquire about dropping off donated items, call us at (816) 229-8030.
Memorial Day: May 24-June 7 (reopen June 8)
Independence Day: June 28-July 12 (reopen July 13)
Labor Day: August 30-September 13 (reopen September 14)
Thanksgiving: November 22-December 6 (reopen December 7)
Christmas and New Year’s: December 20-January 3 (reopen January 4)